Friday, December 01, 2006

A new smooth move

I did another smooth move yesterday. It seems like I am forever cursed with having my graceful moments. I was on town trip, and as I was running out of Colony Mill out to the bibleschool's big gray van that awaited me, I saw the doors swing open to greet me. Right then and there I decided to try something daring. It wasn't daring really, because I think I've done it before and I'm sure many others have done it as well, so there was nothing dangerous about it, but my decision was to take the three foot leap up into the vehicle, exaggerating my dramatic arrival. As I dashed forward, some thought entered my head that I think was something like, "Oh, I hope I don't bump my head."
 
 
Bad idea.
 
 
As soon as this doubtful thought flitted through my brain, something I can't explain happened to me as I prepared for my spring. The next thing I remember was that I was slipping and then I found myself with my legs outside the van and the rest of me stretched in a half sitting, half sprawling position on the step and floor inside. Chuckles ensued from within, and as people asked me if I was okay, I burst out laughing. "It's okay to jump in, but you don't have to dive in, Kayla," Uncle Tim said with his usual glib cheerfulness. Or at least I think he said that. I hardly even remember, except that I felt like just sitting there, savoring the embarrassment of the moment. Then I scrambled up and plopped into my seat, feeling like the most graceful person in the world.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Ah... happy times! At least you were among friends when it happened, as opposed to being around strangers or enemies (not that you have any...) I wish I could have been there; it made me happy to think of town trip again!

Aaron said...

At least you seemed fine yesterday. :D

I don't know if you get your comments e-mailed to yourself, but in case you don't I just commented on your "Grand Finale" post; it was too good to go without anyone saying anything about it. :)