Saturday, December 29, 2007

To sum it all up

So the Christmas season is over. Ugh, those words reek of despondency!
However, life is still great, and I refuse to let blothpickness conquer
me! I'm not quite sure what my favorite part of the season was. Could it
have been stuffing my face with desserts at the Dessert Banquet! I think
not (poof!). No, but it could have been a combination of any of the
following things:

~Watching the bibleschool students' powerpoint presentations.

~Making a gingerbread houses with the bibleschool (Craig and I painted
ours purple and gave it an outhouse)

~Sneaking up to people's houses to carol to the inhabitants.

~Swapping fun stories in the girls' van during the above said caroling
venture (like how Kendra got locked out on a baby sitting job by the
Maguire boys, and how she got Craig to call them and scare them into
letting her in; or how Clyde and Bria were arguing about whether Cara or
I should get a tricycle, and how Clyde tried to spank Cara)

~Coming in from caroling to sip hot chocolate and eat cookies,
culminating in a spontaneous, a cappella song of the Carol of the Bells
in the kitchen (and I loved singing tenor with Aaron and Bobby:)

~The Bibleschool Christmas Tree time--and taking pictures of it with
Clyde's camera

~Wasting ages of time trying to figure out which student was the most
tactful to ask Dan if the students could play outside in the
snow--ironically, it was Bobby, the least tactful, who finally procured
the permission.

~Playing Monster with almost the whole bibleschool out in the dark and
snowy wonderland around the Maine House

~Christmas shopping (e.g. yay, Kendra ended up loving the pink winter Red
Sox hat I gave her!)

~Going outside with my dad and cutting down our very own Christmas tree
from the woods like all cool people do in books (something I'd never
experienced before!)

~Decorating and trimming our angular, but beautiful Christmas tree (it's
got loads of character, let me tell you!)

~Seeing God answer prayer.

~Having Kimberly and Andrea around.

~Getting an e-mail from Amanda, my Aussie friend.

~Having my first real non-Fairwood babysitting job!

~Thinking about what the world would be like if Jesus hadn't come.

~Having lots of snow, and getting church cancelled one time because of
it.

~Singing the Twelve Days of Christmas for the home church service that we
couldn't get out of (this was after watching Dave's powerpoint
presentation on how each of the gifts were a symbolic representation of
something that God gave to us)

~Going to my first Conval basketball game of the season.

~Having my family home.

~Having a frosting party with my family when I needed help decorating the
eleven dozen cookies that I had spent all afternoon making.

~Singing and reading through a fun old Christmas program at my Aunt
Lori's with her, three keyboards, Aaron, Kimberly, Craig, Kendra, and
Clyde.

~Seeing the shy little Post boys singing up front for our church
Christmas program.

~Stealing toe socks from Chad at our church's Yankee Gift Swap.

~Reading the Best Christmas Pageant Ever out loud on our radio station.

~Going to Pizza Hut for Clyde's birthday

~Having the presents I ordered arrive on time, when I wasn't sure they
were going to.

~Missing my Grammie on Christmas Eve, since it's the first one in ages
that we haven't spent with her. (that probably wasn't my favorite moment
this season, but it was bittersweet)

~Caroling around Fairwood with my family all decked out in Santa hats
(even those who didn't want to).

~Playing games and watching movies with my family.

~Surprises on Christmas Day--like my new papasan chair! Or better yet,
hearing about Claire's baby!!!

~Watching Kristin Chenoweth sing "Taylor the Latte Boy" on Utube.

~Having dessert and a Yankee book swap with my dad's side of the family.

And so much more that made this season special! Hope yours was as
wonderful!!!

No comments: