Saturday, August 21, 2010

Beware

Brace yourselves.

I don't know how to tell you this, but if you're like me, you could be in grave danger. You may think that you are a safe sort of chap or chappess, but you may be oblivious to the fact that you are setting yourself up for the perfect catastrophe. I consider it my personal responsibility to enlighten you.

My source? A twelve-year-old girl who happened to be in my cabin group the first week of camp.

She may have made a news breaking discovery.

I'll call her Betsy.

The news? You won't want to miss this.

Singing may seem like a harmless activity, and taking a shower may seem like a common (and rather necessary) practice, but I have to warn you.

Combining the two may be lethal.

Here's what I heard from my un--er, reliable source. I will quote exactly my paraphrase of her speech.

"There should be like a law against singing in the shower. I mean seriously! It's, like, really dangerous! When I sing in the shower, I can't help but dance, and once when I did that I fell and hurt myself! People could like break their necks that way if they're not super careful."

Oh boy. I mean, alas!!! What could this mean? Do I have to give up my beloved occupation of singing in the shower? I'm proceeding with extreme caution from now on. As soon as the foot starts tapping I'll turn my larynx to stone. It doesn't hurt to be wary.

I just thought you should know too so you can guard yourself from a deadly accident. You can never be too careful.

Just don't tell Betsy that I still sing in the shower.

1 comment:

drewey fern said...

Hee hee hee! I mean, ahem, thank you for this warning of such a grave danger...