Friday, September 09, 2011

An unusual day

Voldemort was back. The devil personified, he hid himself in an upstairs room while gradually gathering followers. Not only that, but he had somehow managed to hoodwink Christian followers--my friends! I only learned of it because my best friend told me she was invited to see him. Well, I did not fight so hard to see him destroyed only to sit back and watch him regroup! I marched right up into the upstairs room where he was and sat down uninvited. Before I knew it I was resisting the devil in the name of Jesus and honoring the blood of Jesus right in his face and in front of all those people in that little room.

I woke, my own fervent prayers having disturbed my slumber, then peacefully went back to sleep, knowing the Enemy had been vanquished.

Even I am disturbed by the ferocity of this dream. No doubt you are either laughing or thinking that I am very strange. I, on the other hand, feel like doing both. However, at the same time I am extremely thankful that the name of Jesus is just as powerful in nightmares as it is in real life. It's good to have your sword ready for any moment.

And thus began a very interesting day which I will sum up quite briefly:

I read my Bible and was reminded how desperately I need God every minute.

I nearly panicked when my dad called me three minutes before my departure time to tell me he still had the car in town. Thankfully my sister came to the rescue and let me use her car so I was able to just make it on time to . . .

A hair appointment! Yes, I used a coupon and got a free shampoo and cut. Nothing major, but it's delightfully fresh. Even more interesting was the conversation I engaged in with the hair salon lady . . .

Who turned out to be a Jehovah's Witness! We had an interesting time talking about the Bible and the end times. It was a perfect opportunity to ask some questions and show the love of Christ. Then I drove home and rode out again with my dad to . . .

The jail! Actually, I didn't go in. But we discussed Jehovah's Witnesses a lot on the way. Instead of turning myself in, I rode on to town and stocked up on a few supplies before school starts. I also by some miracle . . .

Got a large matted frame at Michael's for only $4.19! I could hardly believe it when it rang up at such a low price. Now a late Christmas present for Kate S. can finally be delivered. After that I went to Target, and having no success finding a skirt hanger, I . . .

Used my Starbucks gift card! I slurped my caramel frappucino contentedly as I strolled about . . .

Loading my arms full of books at Borders! They are going out of business so all their merchandise is 70 to 80% off! I just grabbed whatever struck my fancy, then spent a long time figuring out what I could sensibly afford. I parted reluctantly with some of my choices, but still came away with eight books, all but two of which were under four dollars! Then I drove toward home and . . .

Picked up my daddy!

Then I ate liver, practiced my rare broad-stroking skills in cleaning, made lemon meringue pie, and the Sabbath came. It was like a machine gun of events.

Grand things can happen when the sun thrusts back the cobwebby clouds.

No comments: