Friday, May 26, 2006

The new chewing toy?

I went to the dentist the other day. Whoop-de-doo. I am very enthusiastic
about my dentist *voice drips with sarcasm.* I'm afraid I am getting weak
in my old age as far as teeth work goes, since I haven't been to the
orthodontist for awhile. But actually, it wasn't that bad, though during
the filling process they had to "tweak" some of my gum (which also means
cut it off, but they don't like it to sound too drastic), but luckily I
didn't feel anything at the time because I had some anesthetics working
on me, as much a I dislike them. However, I do like my dentist as a fun
and cheery sort of fellow, but when I was done I still went away feeling
very glad it was over with. However, my recent trip to the dentist wasn't
my main thing of interest to talk about.

My dentist trip actually brought back a very unusual memory. I still
remember a couple years ago when I was going to get sealants, I believe,
and I didn't get to have my good old dentist do it, but a lady instead.
She was whirring her way along inside my mouth, with her fingers thrust
between my teeth, when she said something rather muffled behind her mouth
piece. What she really said was, "You're biting me." But for some
inexplicable reason, I thought she said, "Bite." So what can I say? There
was nothing for it but to obey, since obedience is better than brains, so
unthinkingly I started to bite. Next thing I knew she was crying out,
"Ow!!!" My senses returned to me instantly, and I stopped closing my
sharp teeth around her finger before violently trying to apologize, but
with little success since it is very difficult to talk with your mouth
wide open. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I ever did
specifically apologize to her afterwards or not. So I suppose now she
must remember me as the dangerous, finger-biting patient and has probably
told exaggerated tales of how my eyes gleamed wickedly as she started to
bleed. Who knows?

I wonder if I should try to keep up my reputation. . .

4 comments:

brilynne said...

Somehow the idea of you being one of those vicious brats that the dentists tell stories about amuses me greatly. :)

Aaron said...

Did she really start to bleed?!?!?! :-0

Kayla said...

bwahahaha!!! haha. No, she didn't really bleed. :)

CKS said...

That was hilarious! I laughed a lot! At last, someone gets revenge for all of us on dentists!