Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Strength

Psalms 59:9a "O my Strength, I will watch for You."

I was just stopping to think about what it means to call God my strength. It means He's inside of me, or even ingrained into the grit of my being. He's the blood in my veins, the breath in my lungs, the marrow in my bones, the fiber of my muscle. He is the force that makes it so that I can even function. It means that I can't move or even live without Him. We usually don't think about our health or our strength until we realize we don't have enough. Do we realize this? Do we watch for our Strength? I want to live my life with a continual awareness that "I need Thee every hour." Only then do we truly have Him. Yes, we may have had Him before, but God doesn't like to force Himself on people, or He would have made us into virtual robots. But when God becomes a necessity rather than a vague desire, then He will manifest Himself to us.

"When you want God as much as you want air, you'll find Him." --my dad

No comments: