Friday, September 15, 2006

The Longest Day of My Life

This is just a little post to inform you all of Kayla's death. We're not too sure of the particulars but we have heard that her plane crashed in the Pacific Ocean, just two hundred miles southeast of Hawaii. The people evacuated to the life rafts but I guess some vicious Australian termites had lately taken a fancy to rubber so there were holes in the rafts and eventually everyone drowned, because the termites had eaten holes in their life jackets as well. And now I don't really know why I'm telling you this except to be random! But in case you actually cared enough about me (or were just gullible enough) to be worried, I can assure you that I am alive and well.

And that is exactly what this post is about: to inform you all that I have officially returned from faraway lands on the opposite underside of the globe! Our flights went well, though we were nervous about missing our flight in LA and I was nervous about missing my flight in Detroit as time got tight, but the Lord really watched out for us and answered prayers tremendously. So thank you so much if ever just once you thought to send up a prayer for me! It is greatly appreciated (and I appreciate it even if you thought of me once as far as that goes as well).

Hmmm, the strangeness of sleep is a very strange thing (I should be written down in history books as being profound). At one time you want it so badly you're drooping, then next thing you know you can't catch a wink! As for me, coming over I literally experienced the longest day of my life! Time zones are a mystery, they are. Anyway, I figured that it was about thirty-three hours from the time I got up at 5:30 am Tuesday morning (Australia time) to the time I got to bed around 12:30 am late Tuesday night, and in that time I went with about three hours of sleep. Granted, I did get an additional three to four hours of rest, but it still shouldn't be too surprising when my mom had to wake me up at two o'clock the next afternoon! The problem is that the night afterward I got about one hour of sleep. Go figure. Hmm, now do you agree with me that sleep is a fickle thing? Fortunately, I had my first night of normal sleep at home just last night! It was wonderful, and it was amazing that I could actually go to bed at the whopping semi-early time of nine o'clock! Maybe now I'm on the road to a normal life.

4 comments:

Aaron said...

Welcome back!

Cheech said...

Yay! See you at the feast! :)

Mrs. RF said...

Welcome back! I enjoyed the reports of your trip that you posted.

Anonymous said...

Sunshine that wasn't funny! Good to see you've rejoined the world of blogging though. Catcha round, Love Moonshine :-)