Saturday, September 02, 2006

brief updates

I have added some new words to my vocabulary: "sunnies," "chewy," and "workmate." Can you figure out what they are?

I met a whole bunch of Aussies at an Italian restaurant for a birthday party. Pretty interesting. . . . they were rather interested in what I thought was the biggest difference between our countries. One of them somehow got it into his head that we were from Arkansas! "Doesn't Bill Clinton live in Arkansas?" he asked. Ah, maybe that's why I've never been there. . .

I've had my first real fish and chips meals, and I got to eat shark. . .

Went to a cheap souvenir shop yesterday. . .

Saw a couple great lookouts and visited the water. . .

Saw my first kangaroo crossing sign today. . . .

And now you've heard my very brief update from Down Undah!

7 comments:

lis said...

Hooray!

Hmmm...

Sunnies=parasols.
Chewies=gumdrops.
Workmate=your lunchbox.

Aaron said...

Hurrah for brief updates!

wideyed said...

Did it taste like chicken? (the shark)

Actually, the Clintons live in New York.

Kayla said...

sunnies=sunglasses
chewy=gum
workmate=coworker

Yeah, the Clintons do live in New York, but isn't Bill Clinton from Arkansas originally? I think? I know his accent sure isn't from New York anyway!

lis said...

Think you're right about the Clintons, K. And hooray for answers on the quiz!

Cara said...

I'm so wicked excited about the kangaroo crossing sign! Somehow I bet you got a picture of it. Did you??

Kayla said...

hehe, what do you think? I've added an echidna and koala to my collection as well.:D