Monday, June 21, 2010

An orange thumb and David Barton

So I was spray painting for summer work today and somehow I managed to paint half of my thumb a fluorescent orange. The bright flashy color is so much more attractive than the normal white splatters I've been getting lately so I haven't bothered to wash/scrape it off yet. However, the funny thing is that whenever I look at the screaming appendage all I can think of is my friend Klara holding up her thumb with a mischievous glare as she growls, "I killed a man with this thumb." (a quote from the kids' movie, Ratatouille, for those of you not in the know)

It makes me ridiculously happy each time, so much so that I almost can't bear to wash off the orange.

*******************************************

My parents are away for the night, gone to a pastors' conference for pastors all across the state. Newt Gingrich and David Barton are two of the primary speakers, and the event is so fancy that my parents' hotel stay is already paid for.

"Does it have a pool?" Craig asked at the dinner table tonight when he found out. I think he was a little jealous.

"Probably," Kendra answered.

I suggested that maybe they'd get to swim with David Barton.

"I wonder if he paddles as fast as he talks," Craig mused.

I can't help but picture the renowned speaker dog paddling at machine gun style speed to keep up with the rate of his talking.

The image amused me.

No comments: