Thursday, December 31, 2015

Looking back and forward: how has Love shaped our Adventures?

“In friendship...we think we have chosen our peers. In reality a few years' difference in the dates of our births, a few more miles between certain houses, the choice of one university instead of another...the accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting--any of these chances might have kept us apart. But, for a Christian, there are, strictly speaking no chances. A secret master of ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you," can truly say to every group of Christian friends, "Ye have not chosen one another but I have chosen you for one another." –C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves


As the new year approaches, this is a great time to look back over the old. What happened in your world? What lessons did you learn? How have you experienced Love, Life, or Adventure?

Music on the streets of Chicago
This year, I explored Chicago, Abu Dhabi, Zurich, Washington D.C., and Shenandoah River State Park. I finally scaled Mt. Washington, and I forged some new, life-changing friendships while strengthening old ones.

But the fact is that we don’t pick our friends or our adventures. God does.

He had 2015 all planned out from the beginning, and he knew that he was going to convict me of jealousy, fear, and a judgmental spirit before it all began.

He also knew that he was going to blast me with his Love and start transforming each area in ways I couldn’t have imagined.

Love has shaped my life this year. How has Love shaped your Adventure?

Just think about what the Giver of Love has in store for next year!

The best is yet to come…

At the Art Institute of Chicago in March 

Abu Dhabi with my sister in June 

Zurich, Switzerland in July

Swimming in a waterfall in Shenandoah River State Park 
with my brother in August
Mt. Washington with friends in September

No comments: