Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back from the life of Riley

I got back last Monday from being in Maine with my parents. Here are a couple highlights (or low points):

~Almost running over three deer during my first night driving experience (and in Maine)

~Playing darts by myself countless times. I always managed to win whenever it was just me, but I always seemed to lose when it came to playing my dad or mom. :)

~Hitting the bull's eye a couple times in the above said activity

~Having to dump out a good cup of hot chocolate because my parents wouldn't let me drink lake water even if it had been boiled. (I don't blame them, it was just sad)

~Biking with my dad (even through the rain)

~visiting Heidi

~losing the key to the cabin at night--thank the Lord the Beans found it in their yard since we'd just been visiting them.

~reading and reading!

~going garage-saling and picking up two CDs for a buck a piece

~surviving without indoor plumbing

~washing my hair in the lake

~going canoeing with my parents

~going to Salvation Army

~stepping in the results of the neighbor dog's egestion with my bare feet!!! disgusting!

~sleeping in until ten o'clock almost every morning.

. . . . and other such boring activities that are so delightful when you're on vacation!

1 comment:

wideyed said...

Ahh...the multi-faceted joys of vacationing...