Monday, July 30, 2007

A pretty groovy weekend

It's too bad I went to Cape Cod instead of the Conval graduation. Because if I had, I could say that I went to three different Ben's graduations in the same year!!! Yikes, that name must have been pretty popular the year they all were born. Anyway, as I have hinted, I just went to Ben's graduation. But which one? My cousin? No. The friend in our church? No. One of my best friend's brothers? That would be yes.

Anyway, I made the trip to Upstate New York with my mom and two of my brothers and I ended up staying the whole weekend. A grand time was had by all. When you get to attend an outside picnic-like graduation celebration with lots of great people and steal digital cameras from various friends (a certain Nikon D70S comes to mind:), you can't go wrong, right? We even got to compete in a low key game of baseball with a tennis ball and Caleb's 25" bat, as well as a score-less game of volleyball by the pond until it got too dark to see. Having it by the pond was a mistake however. We had to keep racing after the ball and watch Andrew leap into the pond with unnecessary (but amusing) gusto on the numerous occasions when the volleyball landed there. Sounds like fun? Then of course there was the campfire with the customary s'mores served that Sarah and Elizabeth used as bargaining tools to get themselves dry seats. As we sat warming our toes, we listened with laughter and fright to Drew's unusual stories, and later heard the guys bellowing the National Anthem at night into the valley. On Sunday I even got to shoot my first gun! We were taking turns trying to shoot leftover balloons floating in the pond. Not convinced it was a super time? Well how about throwing in the fact that Klara and I went into the woods to pretend to be Rapunzel and the prince, then returned with messy hair and chewing straws, which made us feel extremely at home in the red-neck world. Pretty groovy weekend, huh?

Oh yes, and I even wrote a tiny bit in Ben's Word's of Wisdom for the Graduate notebook. Aren't you proud of me? I told him that if he ever went to college he should try not to get too fat because I've noticed that a lot of guys do. Words of wisdom indeed.

1 comment:

CKS said...

HEY!!! You better not have been referring to me in that guys getting fat in college remark! You little scrunt...