Monday, July 16, 2007

Sweeter than banana cream pie

Today I did something I've never done before. I went to the DMV and got my license.

Yes, that's what I said!

Now I say "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I can't believe I actually did it! And yet here I am typing away with it sitting in front of me to admire. It might seem a bit vain, but I feel like I just have to keep looking at it to make sure it's still real. . . and besides, as my mom expressed in her fine opinion, our state's license has always seemed quite pretty. But of course since it's mine I would think it was pretty no matter what it looked like.:)

Soooo, how did it go? The eye test? No sweat. No surprise I guess, especially since I was wearing my contacts.hehe The written test? I spent a little bit longer on it than I should have, perhaps, but no problem-o. Then came the long hour wait for my driving test, while all the while I yawned and yawned, trying heartily not to be nervous and not wholly succeeding. Mostly I was waiting for an ancient 97-year-old man trying to renew his license. . . I'm afraid the poor man may have failed. In the meantime things got pretty backed up since it was so busy and all, but fortunately I was next and got to get it over with (finally!). Fifteen minutes later I walked back into the office, brimming with relief as I carried a yellow paper that had an "X" marked in a box next to a word sweeter than banana cream pie: "Passed."

I blinked, stunned, and I was holding my license.

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

KMS said...

Woo hoo! Great job, Kay!

Kristi said...

Congratulations!! What an exciting day! :-)