Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Dance

Rich shadows prance on the walls. Laughter murmurs in your ears. Sumptuous scents trigger your salivary glands.

In the midst of the feast, the King's eyes are on you. Suddenly he extends his hand in your direction. His eyes are on no one else. He is inviting you to the dance floor. Surprised, you follow him, trying to ignore the mixed reactions of everyone else in the room. You have been preparing your heart for this moment. You sense that you are beautiful, and yet . . .

"We wouldn't want to end up in a heap," you say. There. Your fear is out in the open. You wait to see what his answer will be.

"I am King. I will lead."

Whew! What a relief! The rest is history.

That same invitation is being extended to each one of us. To dance with our King. To let Him lead. Every day.

Who knows what kind of dance He has in store for us?

I want to respond to that invitation.

"My beloved speaks and says to me:
'Arise, my love, my beautiful one,
and come away.'"
Song of Solomon 2:10



Inspired by the book Captivating and Anna and the King of Siam.

No comments: