Friday, August 25, 2006

Brunette Brilliancy

I was walking along one day, minding my own business. How many stories start this way? Anyway, I was walking along the water one day with Craig during our vacation, when I saw a sign. It was on some sort of trash can (which I didn't notice at first, but since this thing was cylindrical, it explains what happened next), and it read, "BE VERAGE." This puzzled me exceedingly. What in the world does "verage" mean? And how am I supposed to "be" it if I don't even know what in the world it is? The next instant (and I do mean like literally two seconds!) it all came clear.

duh!

The sign didn't read "BE VERAGE," but actually read "BEVERAGE." (which I'm sure you figured out ages ago) Somehow or other since the sign stretched around to the other side of the rounded trash can, I thought there was a space in there somewhere. No wonder I couldn't figure out what "verage" meant!

My brilliancy doth shineth from my gleaming brunette head, doth it not?

And some people think blondes are empty headed. . . .

1 comment:

Aaron said...

At least YOU don't have to live with the stereotype! :(