Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A tiny glimpse of D.C.

As I look over my pictures once again, I am reminded that I was blessed enough to make a trip to Washington D.C. this year twice. I've been there a fair number of times throughout my life so far, but I have never been privileged to take pictures like I did this time--in fact, I think I may have had more interest in taking pictures than going to museums!

But anyway, I particularly recommend that you visit our capital in the springtime, because it can be sooooo beautiful! Especially when we went at the tail end of March and the cherry blossoms were out everywhere! That made us very happy indeed.

So, in case you haven't already guessed or noticed, I have just a few of the many pictures I had fun snapping:







4 comments:

Aaron said...

Lovely pictures, Kayla! I want to go to D.C.! I have never been there, unless driving through at night counts. I did see the well-lit Washington Monument, but nothing else. What part of spring was it when you took these?

Anonymous said...

I love DC! I've actually gone up inside the Washington Monument and been inside the White House. It is a very lovely place.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are beautiful pictures!

Kayla said...

Yeah, D.C. is a pretty sweet place. I don't think I've ever been inside Washington Monument or the Whitehouse, though I have been inside the Capitol.

Aaron, the second to last picture of Washington Monument I took at the very end of March, but all the rest I took mid to late April (the same day you picked me up at the airport).