Friday, August 25, 2006

Flightplan

Today has been a bit frantic, as I've been making valiant attempts to pack everything I may need. Oh yeah did I mention that I'm going to Australia? Oops, I think I'm being a bit too repetitive! But as you can imagine, it's been confusing what things you can take on the plane nowadays, so that is something that is definitely a semi-stressful factor in my thinking!

Hmm, I haven't been on a plane since I watched Flightplan or Red Eye. That's a little spooky. At least I don't have anyone to lose but myself (oh dear until I hook up with Kendra), and I'll be sure to take a pen in case if I'm forced to stab somebody. Ugh. My brothers also helpfully pointed out to me that when I'm flying back from Australia to LA, it will be practically the same route that the people from Lost took when their plane crashed. Double hmm.

So as you may have guessed, the closer and closer the time comes for leaving, the more and more I'm realizing that I could use prayer in torrents, if any of you dear people happen to think of it. For one thing I have to change flights all by myself, which may be no problemo for a seasoned flyer, but I've never had to change flights when I've been on my own, and it seems to be a daunting experience. For another thing our flight is very long. We're talking nearly eighteen hours from LA, including a stop in New Zealand. Then of course there's the coming back when I come directly home and I have to change flights alone at night after I've been traveling for ages while I'm exhausted. Whew! So if you happen to think of it, your prayers would be greatly appreciated (though there's absolutely no pressure).

Hurray, now that I've asked you all to pray, probably some terrorist or assassin reading my blog will change his mind about doing some disaster on my flight! Ah, the power of prayer striketh terror into the hearts of those who would bring terror themselves!

I'd still rather that a terrorist wouldn't be reading my blog anyway. . . .

5 comments:

Kate said...

What fun! Hey, I will certainly pray. :-)

lis said...

Yes, glad to pray! And even scared people DO actually make it to the right spot! (speaking from experience here). You're never lost as long as you can stop and ask for help. (This came rather as a revelation to me). :O)

Mrs. RF said...

Will be praying! Sounds like a fun adventure! So glad you can go.

wideyed said...

Just hold tight to your boarding pass and don't leave your luggage behind. But knowing you, you'll do fine. Have a wonderful time taking pictures and having adventures in foreign lands.
Love you!

Cara said...

Many prayers heading your direction! I can't wait to hear about your trip. I can't even imagine a plane ride that long. Keep that pen handy!

Thinking about Flightplan made me talk in my Jodie Foster voice. "I know where I've seen you before...."