Thursday, August 16, 2007

A gallery of progress

What I find very interesting is to explore the progress of young artists. Especially at the time of the 12-16 era one can improve quite a bit! For instance, I have drawn the same picture three times, with gaps of time in between. I'm not an incredible artist by any means, but check it out: (these are the originals of my drawings scanned onto the computer)

Here's what I drew at age 12
(I did have to darken some lines by hand though before I scanned it because I drew so lightly it was hard to see)



Here's what I drew almost exactly a year later, at age 13.



And here, between two and two and half years later, is what I drew at age fifteen.

Moral of the story? Encourage those young artists. They may be pathetic now but maybe they'll turn out to be the next Michelangelo!

Even though I'm not. :)

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I think the second one is my favorite. It looks more like a Picasso.

Just kidding. Very nice job on the third. Not only is it of a much higher quality and more realistic than the first two, but it is easy to tell who it is. That isn't always easy to manage (for me, anyway :).

Anonymous said...

If the second one is Picasso, the first one must be a Matisse. I'm pretty sure the third one is a Kayla...