Thursday, August 16, 2007

A momentous occasion

I had my first solo drive today! It was a momentous occasion. It's amazing how it's been a whole month (from today!) that I got my license, but I've had very little reason to drive. It's as if now that I have it there's no need to! But anyway, I had my first solo drive. I was a little excited, a little nervous, and I prayed and talked to myself so that I wouldn't feel lonely. But, amazingly, it actually wasn't a big deal! In fact, after I dropped my mom off, my drive (one way) was probably less than 10 minutes and probably covered no more than 5 miles! Still, I have now officially entered the driving world. As I said, it is a momentous occasion.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Congratulations!

Cara said...

It really was such a strange feeling, the first time I drove by myself. I remember talking to myself too. Congrats! :)