Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Mischevious Blender

Aargh. When I was eating my lunch today, I decided to fix myself a nice cool shake-like drink. Yesterday I steeped some raspberry tea and put it in the fridge, so using this I poured it into the blender and added other ingredients to sweeten it up. Milk, sugar, vanilla, ice cubes, and a scoop of vanilla icecream. . .

How was I to know that someone didn't screw the bottom of the blender on tightly? Here I was, minding my own business, innocently concocting a little drink just for my own little pleasure. Then I was blending away, oblivious to my imminent danger. I think I must really be very unobservant. I didn't notice a thing until suddenly there was a rather large purply white puddle around the blender. Oh dear! Of course I stopped blending (though I may have been finished anyway) and then in a mild panic ran to grab a bowl for the still dripping container to sit in. Well there was no point in letting that puddle still on the counter go to complete waste, so I gamely snatched a spoon and began sipping up the liquid on the counter, testing its flavor. I moved the machine part of the blender (whatever you call it), and then rusty brown stuff came sloshing out of it and into my creamy pond. Suddenly it was not so appetizing, and considering my dad's advice, I decided to stop sipping and just wipe it all up. *sigh* How very aggravating!

At least the salvaged part tasted pretty good.

6 comments:

Cara said...

What was the purply color from? Did i miss an ingredient? I loved the story til the rusty stuff came out...GROSSNESS! OR in Clair language. GRODY!

Cara said...

AAh! I keep spelling things wrong today, there's probably more mistakes I'm not catching in my simple comment (not so simple now) but I meant to spell it C-L-A-I-R-E. Claire.

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

AAAAAAArgh! What a disappointment!

Cheech said...

i love milk by itself.

Anonymous said...

That is dissapointing....I hate it when stuff like that happens.

Kayla said...

actually, I have to admit that I did salvage a fairly satisfying amount, so you don't have to feel too sorry for me.

also, cara, the purply color came from the raspberry tea, which when mixed together turned to a very light purple somehow.