Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Plunk Heard Around the World

"On your mark,

get set,

GO!"

This was the start of yet another vicious game of warball, in all its infamy. I darted up to the line to grab a ball, feeling a bit tentative, because TJ was opposite me and racing for the same ball. Luckily he gave up when he saw my speediness.:D However, I had problems slowing down at the line. In a rush I knelt to pick up the air-filled orb (I think it was yellow). I must have lost my balance from having too much momentum, however, because next thing I knew I saw the ground flying to meet me. "WHAM!" Or maybe it was more like a hollow "plunk," or perhaps it made no noise at all. Anyway, "WHAM!" my forehead met cold floor. I then felt exceedingly stupid, but exceedingly filled with hilarity, though a little sore in the area of my skull. I scrambled back to my side of the line and on my feet, quite aware that in this moment of amusement and pain I would be a likely target for a bullet. Nothing assailed me, however, except TJ's laughter. I couldn't blame him. I was laughing myself, while I rubbed my head incredulously.

Nevertheless, I did end up feeling rather proud of my nickel-sized lump.

5 comments:

Smiles said...

Horray for battle scars!

Avalanche Cowpoke said...

...sounds like it was worth it all... 8~)

Cara said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Well, you get the point.

I knew you hit your head on the floor, and you kind of explained to me how you did it, but I must have forgotten. That is absolutely the funniest thing ever, Kayla! I love warball stories.

Unknown said...

2 pionts:)

Cara said...

I told the story to Bria, Amy, and Lindsay today. Thanks for supplying me with a hilarious, interesting story to tell!