Sunday, November 12, 2006

The All-New Mousetrap

We have had a bit of a mouse problem in our house lately. Luckily, it's starting to get under control since my dad set traps nearly a week ago, and in the following four days we trapped aproximately eight mice. Hmm, but we did discover a new method of mouse trapping. However, this particular method does not involve filling your kitchen sink with water, or closing the cupboard door, or using a brick, or even stomping on it, as these other real life examples have already done.

I heard about it from Craig. I was on the computer (oddly enough) last week sometime when he came to me and said, "Um, I found something in my couch," then he added, "You should go see what it is."

Need the rest of the story be told? I've already given you a fair warning, which is what I didn't have. However, I had a nagging suspicion of something to that effect and sure enough, underneath the basement couch's cushion rested a little bundle of fur, undoubtedly of the small rodent variety. The puzzling thing is how come it got under there safely, and one minute it was fine and the next it was squished to death? I suppose it could have just gotten stuck, which doesn't seem too likely, or else the nearest we can figure is that somebody sat on the couch while the mouse was under it. What's strange is that we don't sit on that couch very often so it would have been a very chance occurence for the mouse to just happen to be there when somebody just happened to sit on it. Weren't we just dying to know that? I think the mouse sure was. Literally.

I wonder if Derrick has sat on Craig's couch recently?

No comments: