Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Drive along the Great Ocean Road

I think it's about time I share a few more Australia pix (since I know you're simply dying to see them). So now I shall take you on a trip along the Great Ocean Road! This was probably one of my favorite parts that I got to see in Australia, so pay attention!

Imagine a winding road curling along the coast on an overcast day with sporadic rain. You pass kangaroo crossing signs by the dozens (well, divide that by half), and spot a lighthouse here, another lookout there. The cliffs may be steep, or you may drive along the foot of huge sloping green hills that drop right down to the ocean. And the water is the most beautiful part of all! An amazing deep aqua that kept setting me oohing and aahing. We saw close to ten rainbows in all, explored countryside where you saw sheep and cows getting a million dollar view, strolled along the breakwater of a fishing village (also a tourist spot where we spent the night, but it wasn't quite the season for the masses) and we also got to stop to take a walk through a rain forest. That is the Great Ocean Road. As we were travelling along the sometimes plain but often gorgeous countryside, I couldn't help wishing that somehow I could take all the sights and stuff them into my camera so that I could spit out the whole picture in its entirety for my family to enjoy as much as I was. But that of course is impossible. However you do get to catch a wee wee glimpse of it.

Note the car driving on the left side of the road



Just one of many!


Moonshine and Sunshine (Amanda and me:)

No comments: