Wednesday, January 24, 2007

He knows better

Well, unless you live on a different planet, you probably know that my
Grammie is gone to be with Jesus. Daddy and I were having Wisdom Search
yesterday morning after seven and he was marvelling how thinking of new
things keeps our minds busy and amused. Also he had realized that when he
took my grandmother out of the house for an appointment recently, she
hadn't been out since three months before when he took her to her last
appointment. You would go crazy too if you never left the house for that
long, now wouldn't you? So when we prayed together over the day I asked
God to encourage Grammie and to lift her spirits.

Ten minutes later, we got the call that she had passed away.

I knew that she was going to go sometime. We kind of had to know, since
she was less than three months from her 100th birthday. But now that
she's actually gone, I miss her. I guess I would be callous if I didn't.
On the other hand, I know that she was unhappy and we were hoping that
God would take her (hopefully that doesn't sound wrong to some people),
so I haven't really been shedding buckets of tears. It's just that she's
actually gone. . . . . .

It wasn't until later that I realized that God had answered my prayer. He
did lift her up and encourage her, just not in the way I had been
expecting.

But then He's the one who knows better, now isn't He?

No comments: