Friday, June 01, 2007

Ya gotta love young humor!

And now lades and gents, I'm going to refresh you all with a bit of eight-year-old poetry. I discovered it at the back of one of my old notebooks my mom unearthed when she was cleaning out the attic and it pleased me greatly. It's different than the normal poetry style, but I think I must have had a lot of fun with it! (oh yes and I'm taking some liberties on line arrangement and a little punctuation, but this is very close to the original young scrawly poem)

There once was a person who played the cello,
By the way he was a fellow,
The fellow's name was Carmello,
Oh yes and his favorite food was jello,
He also liked bananas along with all their yellow,
One day when he met me he said with a bellow,
"Hello!"
Then we went to the lounge and played Othelo.

Carmello is nice,
Oh yes I forgot his last name is Mice,
Once I said to him when we were playing a game, "Hurry up with the dice!"
I said as I ate an orange slice,
For Carmello was still eating his rice,
"Crunch" I then heard my brother eating ice,
Then (later) Carmello went home and I just got word that he has lice!

Oooh yes, I think I enjoyed coming up with as many words that rhymed as possible. It had a little ring to it, don't you think?:)

How about a sneak peak of my eight-year-old humor? I won't give you the worst of them, but watch out, these can get pretty bad!

Q: What happened to the elephant when he sat on a Bible?
A: He couldn't get up.

Q: How come girls like girl dolls best?
A:They think there are too many boys already.

Q: How come elephants don't wear glasses?
A: They can't fit in the glasses shop.



Now that I've killed every respect you had for poetry and jokes, I'll just say I hope ya'll have a happy Sabbath!

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I loved the poem! If it had a little more meaning, that sort of free meter poem with an aaaaaaa.... rhyme scheme could work quite nicely!

(Not that it didn't work quite nicely, but I doubt it would be published.)

Cheech said...

That was the deepest poem I have ever
read! :)

Anonymous said...

How good was that poem for an 8 year old! I'm impressed.

Kayla said...

Well, I MIGHT have been nine. . .