Sunday, June 12, 2005

Forgotten

I now know what it's like to be forgotten. Today Diane and Jane Turner and I had a song ready for church. It was just a couple of hymns that we were going to play with our various instrumental abilities (meaning violins, flute, and piano). We'd practiced a bunch this past week, and we got together early before church and set up, practiced and everything. Mr. Hansen, who was going to have the service, was there and thanked us for doing this. Well what do you know he forgot all about us. He went through the entire service completely oblivious to the fact that we were almost on the edge of our seats wondering when he would call us up. And he never did. oops

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm sorry. that really stinks. i hope you will get another chance to do it. luv ya!

Aaron said...

That's happened to me before when I was supposed to play a congregassional hymn on the piano in church. It adds a bit of anxiety to the service, although I'm not usually TOO eager to jump up and play. ;-)

drewey fern said...

Alas, such is the life of the musician:) I have actually gotten up my nerve to remind the speaker, as I recall. Or maybe Gretchen did it. But it's kind of embarassing, because just as everyone is all excited to go to Sabbath treat, or prayer meeting, they have to sit back down and listen to another song. I don't think it would bother me, though, so maybe others aren't bothered either. Here's hoping...

Anonymous said...

Mind? Absolutely not! I love special music, and specially from the likes of Kayla and Andrea.

Lisa

Aaron said...

I know this is a year and a half late, but I just want everyone who goes through people's archives to know that I CAN spell "congregational." I'm not sure what was up with me then... :)