Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Some simple things of life

This morning I found myself singing "A Spoonful of Sugar" as I went about the house. Suddenly I realized with simultaneous horror and amusement that I was singing, "A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine stay down! The medicine stay dow-own, medicine STAY down!" For some reason that struck me as funny at the time. Ah, the oddities of life!

I had an interesting time messing with some great recording software on my dad's lap-top. I tried to record over while singing the different parts to "All the Earth Rejoice" but failed miserably. Then I tried the more placid "Dona Nobis Pachem" with a little more success. Wow I actually got to hear three of me singing at once.:-)

I also started on learning Morse Code. It was something that I thought would be a good thing to know as I got my ham radio licence, but I decided to wait until summer vacation before attempting that vast project. I had forgotten completely about it until yesterday, so I figured I better get busy. It's amazing how one has to memorize senseless beeps and screeches so that eventually those sounds actually take meaning. Very fascinating stuff, I think.

3 comments:

wideyed said...

I just go to your blog, and I LOVE the post about Olga...what a riot.

drewey fern said...

Good job learning Morse code! As I recall, Katie was learning it, and she wrote it out for me, and we were going to communicate during class. Shame on us:) I don't remember if we actually did it or not. I seem to have blanked that part out of my memory.

Oh, and great new take on Mary Poppins:) It kind of goes along with Kimberly's most recent post...

Aaron said...

Cara and I tried recording on the computer the other day with Josh Groban. We came in about two seconds too late, so it was kind of like listening to a weird perpetual echo that sounded MUCH nicer than his actual singing! ;-)